Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sailboat Blouse DIY

I finally finished sewing costumes for the kids and, while pondering if I should make matching adult costumes (I am THAT cheesy), I decided to sew something just for me.  :)


Material: 1 yard 45" width cotton fabric

Pattern: Butterick 3383.  Needed to slim sleeves and body.  Narrowed neckline by 2" (see how here).

Difficulty: Easy/Intermediate

Time: ~2 hours


Sailboat Blouse DIY

I'm working on a sailboat dress for E (A-line, asymmetrical w/ ruffle), but she's been less than cooperative on getting fitted so this might be postponed for a while.  Kids can be so funny!

6 comments:

  1. SPG, this is my favorite thing you've ever made. it looks amazing on you, I may have to borrow it when I come back home to the Bay. And by borrow I mean coerce you into making me one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute shirt!!! I can't imagine how hard it'd be to get a small child to stand still for ANYTHING let alone fittings. Good luck!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! It was so much easier when she was younger and not care what she was wearing. Now she's very particular - especially on clothing. It's so funny sometimes!

      Delete
  3. So darling! First time reader, love your blog! What fantastic sewing skills! I love where you find inspiration as well! Where do you find your fabrics from other than Joann's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and your kind words! The bulk of my fabrics come from Joann's, Hancock Fabrics, Fabric.com and a local store in South Bay called Fabrics R Us. Hope that helps!

      Delete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...