Sunday, July 13, 2014

DIY Gingham Circle Skirt

What seemed like ages ago, I pinned this gingham dress by Oscar de la Renta for a future sewing project and forgot about it.  It wasn't until I saw this pop up on Sarah Vickers' Instagram that I remembered that I already had the gingham fabric on hand.

DIY Gingham Circle Skirt

Difficulty: Easy

Time: ~1.5 hrs

Materials:
  • 1 yard of 56-60" wide fabric (I had 1.5 yds of 45" and I had to carefully piece out the back to match up the gingham squares.  While this is doable, it adds complexity to a project that should be easy)
  • 9" invisible zipper
  • Optional interfacing (more info in this tutorial)
I used this great tutorial for the skirt, but added a waistband (tutorial here) and zipper (tutorial here) instead of elastic.  I love the drape of a circle skirt - uber feminine.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. you are the queen! i love this skirt and the print is just perfect. great job S!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...